Thursday, January 7, 2010

Dog Shampoo, what type is the best?

I've heard of people using regular shampoo on their dogs. Is that a good idea? I'm thinking like maybe good-quality baby shampoo or something.





If it isn't, what would be the best shampoo/conditioners to use on a single-coated silky-fur type breed? How about for a normal short-haired double coated dog? What kind will make the dog smell the best, and is it really such a good idea to ask the petstore? My thought there is, ';If my PSYCHIATRIST was pushing crappy meds on me, what makes me think petstores wouldn't push crappy shampoo?';





And I'm serious about the meds thing. Never let your doc pull you off meds cold turkey in opt for a half dose of a single medication when you were on double doses of 3 kinds of meds.Dog Shampoo, what type is the best?
Target sells a great product called ';Just add water'; and I think is comes in 3 flavors. My favorite is the coconut and I get the perfume spray for afterwards.





Make sure the shampoo you purchase has oatmal in it - it will prevent skin from drying out.





I have a lab and they are prone to dry skin and I have never had a problem, if that answers your double-coat short hair question.Dog Shampoo, what type is the best?
I actually use Human Shampoo on my (believe it or not) cat and dog. If you leave the shampoo on the animal for a couple minutes, it KILLS the FLEAS! When we discovered this, We stopped buying little $10 flea killer shampoo bottles that didn't kill the fleas. That is my only suggestion on shampoo on animals. When we wash our cat, it makes his hair silky and soft. But I think that is because there isn't any dirt on it. But, I don't know anything else about shampoo on animals.
try going for the profeestional kind. You may want to check your dog's hair type. is it oily? does he or she dandruff? dry? try going for the naturals. they work work pretty well
I've heard that Selson blue is the best human shampoo to use on dogs. I use Victory 777 on mine and it makes her smell good and her coat is shinny.
Do NOT use people products. They will remove all the natural oils and dry out the coat. Most dog shampoos are about the same, unless you're one of those all-natural freaks. I use Buddy Wash on my lab.
Try an Ajax/Clorox combo. (just kiddin...) I dunno....Don't have a dog!=)

No comments:

Post a Comment