Thursday, January 7, 2010

My dog ate dog shampoo today. What should I do? Is she poisend?

My rottweiler is 7 months old and I noticed this morning that there was a lot of slime or whatever it is called around her mouth and now I found the EMPTY bottle of dog shampoo. She is just lying around and doesn't look very good! What should I do? I have given her saltwater so she would vomit, but she didn't. The doctor is much to far away!My dog ate dog shampoo today. What should I do? Is she poisend?
Follow up with a good conditioner?








Ah, heck....she's probably gonna be fine....espcially, if it was a shampoo formulated for dogs. The manufacturers must take into consideration how dogs lick themselves all the time, and sometimes drink the water when you bathe them. I think he's gonna be fine.....just might have a touch of ';irregularity'; for a while.....My dog ate dog shampoo today. What should I do? Is she poisend?
Call the vet and read the ingredients off to him. The vet may or may not recommend inducing vomiting.
get over it Take it 2 the Vet!!!!!! GAH! its the dogs life or ur CRUELTY!! lol but take it 2 the vet SUCK IT UP! and drive gosh! NO OFFENSE TAke it 2 the vet rite away!
you better take her to the vet fast
Call a vet.


I really doubt if your dog ATE a whole bottle of shampoo. She might have tasted it but come on.....


She probably licked some of it up but she wouldnt have ate alot of it.


I think she will be fine.
I would imagine that is has been some time since it ate it, and if it ain't dead yet, u will probably be ok, if the doctor is too far away just call, they can usually walk u through certain steps. I didn't realize salt water made u vomit. Some Cod liver oil, might, not very much though because that can be harmful too. Dogs are different than people though, let it outside to eat some grass, if it has a upset stomach or anything that will make him barf it up. My dog ate a bag of raw potatoes, it took about an hour and he throw most of it up.
Call your vet - NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would call the Vet and ask.
I think you should call a vet and your dog will not be poisoned your dog will thru-up.
i would take my dog to the vet right away cuz the vets can make them throw up to get it out of there system
A 7 month old rotty.. wow how nice puppy hood is.. we currently have an almost 3 mo old german shep so will be going thru some of the things you have experienced... WOW=eee





She will have an enema from the top down... lol.. The old saying Soap doesn't hurt...





Ain't It Fun ???
Go to your drug store and ask for I believe peptic, in order to induce vomiting. If it was flea shampoo, get to vet fast. Will have the runs for awhile

1 comment: