Thursday, January 7, 2010

What brand of dog shampoo do you use.. or recommend. ?

Just curious, I am looking for a new brand..





Thank You.





~Owner of an APBT mix


Certified APBT lover, (FF)


Friends Fur-EverWhat brand of dog shampoo do you use.. or recommend. ?
I use Kenic line of shampoos mostly for my dogs %26amp; clients. Their shampoos except for the medicated ones are hypo %26amp; soap/detergent free. They have good prices %26amp; great products I have never had an issue with any of their shampoos or any other products.What brand of dog shampoo do you use.. or recommend. ?
I look at more of what the needs of the dog's skin and coat are. For my first three, we always used Hartz and Seargents, and they worked fine. My Toy Poodle has been quite interesting. Being it's winter, I was using another flea and tick shampoo(I haven't seen Hartz or Seargents sold at Petco or Petsmart), but when winter set in, I stopped with it and used some puppy shampoo she had. Well, her skin became dry, thanks to winter, so I found a shampoo with tea tree oil in it. I bathe her once a month. The tea tree oil shampoo did the trick.





Edit: Chuckles, I have used Hartz and Sergeants for about 15 years on three dogs. No one will convince me that they are horrible. All of my dogs had great coats, and good skin.





Edit again: Anyway, I don't know the name of the one I use now. I just know it's made with Tea Tree Oil for dry skin. I look more at the ingredients and what the needs of the dog are, versus brand names.
I actually use puppy shampoo. It's tearless and mild and will keep your dog from hating baths due to burning eyes. My dog sits still and loves taking a bath. The shampoo is very mild and has a slight baby scent, so it doesn't overpower the dog's very sensitive nose. Always use tear free shampoo on a dog.
I use the brand Top Paw for my pup. It works great, and I have been using this brand for a long time. It keeps my dogs smelling clean and fresh. They look so much healthier too! You can find it at Petsmart for about $5.00.


Good luck :)
Bio Groom Apple/Oatmeal,it makes the coat and skin so nice, no itching, and no harsh soaps...and the smell is not perfume, just a slight hint of apple





C is right, Hartz and Sargents are horrible shampoos, too harsh..


and the just about the cheapest you could ever use...





pure soaps in them
If you are trying to go ';green,'; then I use Buddy Wash, ordered from http://www.kvvet.com/KVVet/productr.asp?鈥?/a> It dilutes a lot, so it is going to last me a LONG time. It is also sulfur free and is soapless. And it smells good to boot!





If you are looking for a whitening shampoo, check out Shimmer Lights from Sally beauty salon.
I use and recommend Tropiclean, just because it's soap free there are no dyes chemicals perfumes alcohol. It's all plant and flower based product. Check out www.tropiclean.net. I also love there spa line.
I use Groomer's Blend. If you Google ';Groomer's Blend'; you'll get lots of results. I couldn't find the exact website, however.
For just getting the dirt off I use Mane and Tail, but for shining the coats before the ring I use Quic Color and Crown Royale Magic Touch #3 Conditioner.
Apricot, Hartz and Sergeants are HORRIBLE!





I use OUT!, it is an organic/natural dog shampoo.
I use the paul mitchell brand of dog shampoo... I know it sounds weird but it smells really good and it makes my dogs coats very shiny and soft
HyLite, costs a little more but worth it, cleans dog without stripping oil and causing dry skin.
I like the Tropiclean.


I use other stuff if I am showing though.
Cris Christensen and occasionally Isle of Dog
I like Bio Groom
Oatmeal baed cause of her itch

1 comment:

  1. Can anyone tell me where I can purchase Out dog shampoo? I have used it for years and like it better than any other shampoo I have years but have been unable to find it for months now. I would greatly appreciate any help anyone can provide.

    Thanks,
    Wanda
    01/26/11

    ReplyDelete