Thursday, January 7, 2010

Where can i find some cheap dog/puppy shampoo for dry or itchy skin>>details<<?

So i have a shitzu and we wash him at least 3 times a week cause he gets so dirty hes almost 5 months old and we need some shampoo for him so he wont scratch his fur from being dried out. So Any Cheap Shampoo anyone that actually works?Where can i find some cheap dog/puppy shampoo for dry or itchy skin%26gt;%26gt;details%26lt;%26lt;?
I bathe my dog three times a week because she has allergies and the vet asked us to bathe her. We use a medicated shampoo that you don't have to get with a prescription. It's called Douxo Seborrhea Medicated dog shampoo. That shampoo works wonders. My dog's skin is perfectly hydrated and her fur is so soft. Remember, this stuff is medicated to stop the itching from dried skin, and full of emolients.





When I used cheap shampoos, I found on Y/A that you could use Aveeno Bath Oil (in the dark, dark navy blue bottle). Apply the bath oil, rub it into the skin. Rinse off 75% of it.





It sorta worked, but she had the allergies, so it wasn't perfect. Plus it's expensive. When you add the cost of Aveeno to buying the shampoo, you're better off buying the Douxo. I buy the Duoxo shampoo because she's worth it. I don't want her to suffer. Price shop online. Here it is at Amazon:





http://www.amazon.com/Douxo-Seborrhea-Sh鈥?/a>





I'd buy it if I were you. It's not that expensive. Cheap shampoos still cost $8.Where can i find some cheap dog/puppy shampoo for dry or itchy skin%26gt;%26gt;details%26lt;%26lt;?
Shampoo is not going to fix your dog's dry itchy skin.


He has that for several reasons, chief of which is the fact that you shampoo him WAY, WAY TOO OFTEN.


Once or twice a month is all you should ever wash a dog, you are literally stripping all the oil from his skin and fur - that's why he is so dry. Stop it before the poor guy flakes and scratches himself to death, 3 times a week is downright animal abuse.


Where did you ever think you could do this? He's a living being, not a shirt.





The other important thing is to feed him good dry kibble like Canidae. 2 of my dogs have dry skin and since I started feeding Canida Chicken and Rice, which is geared towards skin good health, they look great and have no more skin problems. Supermarket junk is mostly corn meal (read the ingredients), that's cattle feed, not nutrition for dogs.





Quit washing your dog so much - and when you do, use something good, not something cheap., HyLite is very good, used by a lot of show people and trainers, it leaves a dog's coat very clean but is not detergent based so doesn't strip the oil.





Again - stop washing that dog to death.
I would agree with the other answerers-3 times a week is alot to wash a dog, try brushing him through really well instead-this should get alot of the dirt out. I have a Lhasa Apso, which is similar to a Shih Tzu and I always use Johnson's Baby Shampoo on him or Boots Tea Tree Shampoo (and conditioner if his coat has dried out). I have never had any problems with them, the breeder told us to use the baby shampoo when he was a puppy and we just carried on. From experience, I have found that dog shampoos dry out the coat and the skin and are expensive so I hope this helps.
3 times a week is way too much to be washing any dog, 3 times a month is more acceptable but still a little too much. Try like every two weeks if you can. And also, try an oatmeal shampoo, my dog has sensitive skin and I wash him with this and he is fine. But I don't think the shampoo is the problem... it's the amount of baths the dog is getting. If he is dirty but just had a bath recently, try just wiping him off with a wet cloth or something.
I groom yorkies that go outside, play in the snow and whatever eles is out there. We bath them once a week! That's it. If he's that dirty then maybe just a dry bath towels. Wipe him down once in a while and brush him. For dry and itchy skin try a skin and coat supplement. Grizzly Salmon Oil or California Natural Skin and Coat. It works awsome. Also a food that has Omega 3 and 6. Herring and Sweet Potato. California Natural makes it and Wellness. Canidea is a good one too. Chicken Soup for Dogs. Good luck!
His skin is dry and itchy because you are bathing him too much, and worse yet, using some cheap shampoo!





Dogs should not be bathed more than twice a month from what I've been reading. Check with your vet to make sure you're not irritating his skin with the shampoo you are using, and definitely stop bathing him so much.
It is very bad for a dogs skin to be bathed more than once a month. It causes their skin to crack, flake, and get very irritated. I wouldnt bathe him for about a month, it should clear up. If not, get some good conditioning puppy shampoo, you are going to have to spend some extra money. You get what you pay for. Good luck!
Well like the other person said, your washing your poor dog way to much. That is why your dog has dry skin. Cut down on the baths. I'm not a dog bathing expert, but I would try bathing your dog once every two weeks or three weeks, but i'm not sure. Good luck!
he is itchy because his skin isn't made for such washing. Try Dawn Dish Soap, my vet told me to try it, it also kills fleas and its cheap. Good luck
its not good for your dog to be washed 3 times a week. try removing him from the dirty environment instead. your poor dog is being tortured with dry skin :(
Washing him to much is what is not working. It is drying him out. Only wash him once every one to three months.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, check out the dog shampoos at www.greenearthdog.com, I use to buy my shampoos from them, and so far we both liked it! (but I dont use it for myself of course). Their products are affordable and you have lots to choose from..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very nice post!You can Buy Dog Shampoo
    at our stores!

    ReplyDelete