Thursday, January 7, 2010

What is the best dog shampoo?

My 10lb. rat terrier is about 8 years old and recently had a bad itchy skin couple of weeks. We went to the vet, everything checked out okay, and he was put on some pills to help ease the pain of where he bit and itched so much.





It's been about 3 weeks since the vet visit and the itchiness is back to normal itching. I just want to know what is the best dog shampoo to buy for a dog with sensitive skin that won't dry out his skin?What is the best dog shampoo?
If you are way into naturals then use a Oatmeal formula or you can sometimes find a soap free one (I use Earth Bath Oatmeal). This happened with my chihuahua and I used a charcoal formula that help out a lot (Four Paws Magic Coat Hypo Allergenic Medicated Shampoo with Aloe and Coal Tar for Cats and Dogs). Also make sure that you do not wash your dog too much. The natural oils that build up will help to moisturize and protect the dogs skin and coat.What is the best dog shampoo?
I use Earthbath - i use puppy shampoo on my 3 year old rottie, she smells wonderful, it is biodegredeable and doesn't harm her sking at all. It helped her dander issues.
  • guy myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment