Saturday, December 19, 2009

Are flea and tick dog tablets needed even if I use flea and tick dog shampoo on my dog?

I wanted to know this because he is currently using adams flea and tick shampoo. It also works as an insectide, repellent, and deodarant. It says to reuse about every 2 weeks . Thank you for any helpful answers.Are flea and tick dog tablets needed even if I use flea and tick dog shampoo on my dog?
the oral medication is much more effective and less harsh on the skin. i use the oral meds and wash them in a gentle shampooAre flea and tick dog tablets needed even if I use flea and tick dog shampoo on my dog?
Frontline or some other flea and tick meds work the best. This is from the Frontline website in the section titled ';How does it work';





';When you apply FRONTLINE, fipronil, the active ingredient, is stored in the oil glands under your pet's skin. It is then distributed continuously to the skin and hair of your pet through the hair follicles.';





This lasts for 1 month and it kills the cycle of ticks and fleas also. I don't see how you could beat that!!
Yes you should use more protection then just shampoo. Sometimes you don't feel like giving your dog a bath every two weeks and it's probably not real good for the skin either. I recommend Frontline or ProMeris flea treatment, especially in the summer.
Do not use both. The Comfortis flea pill is the easiest way to kill fleas. I give it to my dogs and haven't seen a flea all summer so far, works great! Then use a regular dog shampoo once a month for a bath.
it depends if the flea and dog shampoo is working but just to be safe and it wouldnot hurt any thing if you use the tablets too though
If this is working for you then no. If you still have a flea/tick problem in between bathes, yes.
Use one or the other, not both. You could overdose.

No comments:

Post a Comment