Monday, December 28, 2009

Dog Shampoo?

I have read on here that the ';Hertz'; brand of flea control causes medical problems, what about the Shampoo?


I use the ';Hertz'; flea and tick shampoo with oatmeal on my pooches is that also bad?





Any suggestions on a safe and effective shampoo for my doggies (one of them has sensitive skin)


I have Pit Bull Mixes





Thanks!Dog Shampoo?
My Grandpa was a vet and he said we could use regular human shampoo on our dogs. They do not need their own shampoo. It has many of the same ingredients as human shampoo. Just keep it out of their eyes. I have heard that Hertz also causes issues. Use baby shampoo on your dog...Dog Shampoo?
dont use hertz anything. use a medical perscribed one. ask about it at petco or at a vet. dont risk your dog's lives.
A more effective and safer brand of flea shampoo is made by Adam's. Some pet stores and feed stores carry it. They also make a spray you can mist over your dogs before they go outside and then before they come back in. This is quite effective.
Lye works well on Pit Bulls. You're probably looking for something to remove dog and human blood for your killer's hair.
natures specialties
I've heard a lot of things about that company. Their hamster products were never all that good and I heard a lot of people's pets dying from their products in general. Once I heard that, I never bought anything from them again because I don't feel safe with them. I never used a special dog shampoo on my pooches. I use whatever shampoo and conditioner is around the house and it dosn't bother them. If I can, I try to use Mane %26amp; Tale shampoo and conditioner. It was originally meant for horses (hence the horse logo) and apparently worked well on people too. So dogs can definately use the stuff. It's great. There's really no need for specialty shampoos though in general, it's all the same crap with a more expensive pricetag. just like pet medications. My dog got a bee sting and is allergic. all he needed was a simple shot of epinepherin. The vet charged $300 for it. So again, a lot of pet products are just overpriced human products, and I never trusted Hertz and never will.
if the shampoo hasn't caused your dogs any issues, then it should be okay. i have a rott, and i normally use johnson %26amp; johnson baby shampoo (the yellow kind) on her, because she has sensitive skin too, and it doesn't bother her. i know dog shampoo would be better, but honestly, i think dog shampoo smells like butt, and she likes the baby shampoo.
I heard Hartz was bad too. I don't know about the shampoo, but I'd stay away from it! Anything but Hartz.
My dogs have sensitive skin also; I got a tip from the groomer. Best shampoo is Selsun Blue (I think thats how you spell it). She uses it at her shop even though its a people shampoo. Now that I've been using it - no more scratching and irritated skin. Hope this helps.
We use a a vet prescribed shampoo....and sometimes the mane and tail shampoo....but dont use Hertz anything....theyve had waaaaaay to many issues in the past to trust your babies too...
here's the best advice





all shampoos are FLEA shampoos (what!)





yep - get the suds up - and keep them on the dog


for 5 minutes - - - - and this will drown the fleas





gotta love it - yeah puppy - I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!





have a great 2008!
Not a good idea to use any form of flea shampoo; they are not effective against fleas. Hartz brand flea products have killed many cats - don't support this company by buying ANY of their products!!





To treat fleas, get a proper treatment from a vets i.e Frontline or Revolution or Advantage/Advantix or Advocate. Don't use store-bought flea treatments, they really don't work.





Chalice

No comments:

Post a Comment