Monday, December 28, 2009

Dog shampoo?

What is a good kind of shampoo for a dog with sensitive skin?Dog shampoo?
The best thing you can do is seek advice from your vet, they will advise on the best products as something you choose may irritate the skin.Dog shampoo?
Very gentle puppy shampoos, an oatmeal-based one or a hypo-allergenic shampoo is best. Don't use one with any flea/tick medication and try not to bathe your dog more than once every few months if possible.





You can find some great products at the urls below. Best of luck.
Try a shampoo with oatmeal. This is a very soothing ingredient. I use Vet Solutions Oatmeal and Aloe shampoo on my dogs. It keeps my dogs' coats shiny and smelling great, and their skin is never itchy afterwords. I should also mention that my Yorkie gets a bath once a week because they have a coat that is more like human hair than fur and gets oily faster than other breeds, and he nor my other dog have ever had any reactions to the oatmeal shampoo.
There are many good shampoos for dogs with sensitive skin...My first questions is...if it allergies???


I groom dogs for a living...if a dog has sensitive skin, I usually try to find out what the cause it...


1) Pearls au Lait Shampoo (expensive but smells like vanilla) and is made with milk...only good if dog is not allergic


2) Most ';premium'; brands made with oatmeal...it is a natureal ';soother';...My personal preference is ';Tropiclean'; with oatmeal and tea tree oil - they call it medicated shampoo...many of my clients are now buying it for in between groomings so they can bathe their dog...Tropiclean also makes a medicated ';rinse'; (conditioner) which really helps.


3) Hypo-allergenic shampoo....which has NO soap what so ever (read the label).... cleans but does not irritate...that is my last option since most are good but don't clean as well as the others and don't smell really good.


Hope this helps.
Earthbath is a good shampoo, it's all natural and there's different kinds for different problems.





You should get one with aloe and oatmeal in it. Oatmeal calms and soothes the itchiness.





You could also give your dog a warm bath and put plain oatmeal in the water. Let him soak in it. This should really releive his skin since you will be using 100% oatmeal. Do this once a week and he should get better!





Try this advice and hopefully it helps!
A shampoo with oatmeal would be good for a dog with sensitive skin.





I have a dog who is allergic to dust mites (now he's on bi-weekly allergen shots) and I've taken him to a doggy dermatologist who recommends the following shampoos:





Relief by DVM


http://www.discountpetdrugs.com/resh12oz鈥?/a>





Chlorhexiderm Shampoo


http://www.discountpetdrugs.com/chsh412o鈥?/a>
I use baby shampoo and pantene conditioner that is what my vet said for itchy skin
I use head %26amp; shoulders for my dogs.
anything with oatmeal in it
Tail and Mane...At Wal-Mart
  • guy myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment