Saturday, December 19, 2009

Is it ok if i wash my dog with regular shampoo and not dog shampoo?

Valerie does not know what she is talking about NO you cant use human shampoo ....aside from the possibility of an allergic reaction it will dry out the coat ...dog will scratch , cause bleeding , cost you lotsa $$$ for medicated shampoo.


if you do not have dog shampoo %26amp; cant get it the vet clinics use palmolive dish soap 1 pt soap 4 pts water.


Dont bathe more than 1X every 4-6 weeks ...Is it ok if i wash my dog with regular shampoo and not dog shampoo?
Either a ';dog shampoo'; or a ';baby shampoo'; will be just fine. Regular human shampoo can be very drying. And here's one neat trick I learned from a fellow who bathes horses -- put a healthy squirt of the shampoo in a bucket of lukewarm water, wet down the dog, and then pour the shampoo-y water on the dog. It works very well and very quickly, and is very easy to rinse out of the dog! (Putting straight shampoo on a dog, particularly a still-dry dog, makes it really difficult to rinse out.) The next time you're at the grocery store you can pick up either dog shampoo or baby shampoo.Is it ok if i wash my dog with regular shampoo and not dog shampoo?
well one time my mom gave her basset hound a bath using regular shampoo before she took her to the vet to get her shots and everything and our vet just said she had a very nice shiny coat and my mom told him what she did and he was fine with it
I don't think its okay because it might dry out their skin. My friend used Panteen on her dog and he was fine, but I don't know if its healthy. I would run to the store and get some shampoo for dogs just to be safe.
yes, any shampoo can get a dog clean, and anything that smoothers the fleas will kill them if that is what the problem may be, so yes, it is safe.
Dawn is also a good product you could use on your dog not only will it clean your dog but it is known to help get rid of fleas!! i us it sometime on my dog and also my cat it works well i recommend it
I wouldn't. It creates skin problems and irritations. Please either use a gently baby shampoo or a dog shampoo (which usually is sold at normal grocery stores, they aren't hard to obtain)





Good luck
You can use baby shampoo but no other kind of people shampoo.


It is best though to always use dog shampoo and dog products.
Yeah but he careful not to get it in their eyes. Baby Shampoo works well. I also like the natural shampoos like Burt's Bees and stuff like that.
I use baby shampoo on my dogs because it is easier to get out than the dog shampoos. Any shampoo will wash your dog.
No. Their skin is very delicate and not like ours. Shampoo for YOU will be much too harsh for your dog.
Dogs can have sensitive skin. Use baby shampoo and make sure you rinse well.
They are a different Ph level, and it will dry out their coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment