Monday, December 28, 2009

Dog Shampoo???

Is the dog shampoo at the dollar store the same as whats in the store?? I use hartz tearless puppy shampoo on my 9 month old chihuahua maltese Is tha $1 dog shampoo? Im not being cheap but If I can get the same quality from a $5 shampoo in $1 shampoo why not switch.Dog Shampoo???
I would say that the dollar store stuff is just as good as long as your dog doesn't have any skin issues. Our cocker has such itchy skin that we switched to a more expensive oatmeal shampoo and it works much better.Dog Shampoo???
Would you buy your shampoo at the dollar store? Come on, don't be cheap! You can get a good dog shampoo for like not even 5 dollars at Target or Wal-Mart! Dollar store stuff doesn't work all the time! You could be washing your dog with plain water and other stuff that is in the bottle for all you know!! Just buy a better brand of dog shampoo!
you should try a flea shampoo its better for the dog and keeps fleas at bay.





would you buy a $1 shampoo for your hair.
I would not use anything put out by Hartz. They test all their products on animals and I have seen some of the results that have ended up killing the animals
As long as it cleans your dog,and the dog doesn't have an allergic reaction then why not buy it?





They way overcharge for dog stuff in general.


I can buy a dog rope toy at the dollar store for $1.I go to petsmart and they charge $6 for the same type and size.
I dont like dog stuff at the dollor store its never a garentee that it will work because its cheap.
personally i DO NOT trust dollar stores everything they sell is cheezy or not made right. if you love your dog i would buy some from Petco ir Petsmart or your vet!!





http://www.petco.com/product/102444/Lamb鈥?/a>


this is good shampoo!!
Have you hear the saying you get what you pay for...
I dont think its good but as long as its not store brand then your good.
I hgihly recommend Adams Flea and tick products the work wonders on fleas and tick and doesn't have the hash chemical smell the other shamppoos and stuff do.
would you buy something for yourself, that you'd put on you for $1, I wouldn't
I would be hesitant to purchase dog shampoo from the dollar store. Some dogs have dry skin and this could give your dog a rash.
Most likely yes. It's like that with people shampoo as well.
I'm really not sure. All i can tell you is take your dollar shampoo and bring it to the store with you to compare exact ingredients with the $5.





A random note here. I bath my dog in the tub and just got back from the vet today because he got water in his ear and it caused an infection. She told me to swap his ears afterwards with a little alcohol on a cotton swap to dry up any moisture! Just FYI!
depends on what your happy with it cost me $35.00 just for my dogs shampoo
Hartz scares me. Maybe their shampoo is ok, but I heard that their flea/tick stuff will give a dog nervous system problems. So yeah, use reg. shampoo only from them!!!





I do know that Hartz has some good whitening shampoo that would work great for maltese's. My mom has a teacup maltese and uses their whitening stuff. Molly looks beautimous!
I don't think it really matters which shampoo you use on the dog, as long as you don't get soap in your dog's eyes/nose. You also didn't specify what dollar store you're referring to or the brand name of the shampoo, but chances are if the bottle says ';Dog Shampoo,'; it's as good to use on a dog as any other shampoo.


I'd also like to add that though someone said to use dish soap, I wouldn't recommend it. It will remove too much of the natural oils from your dog's skin and fur because it is too harsh, and could cause irritation.
as long as you are happy with the product i don't see any reason why you couldn't buy the cheap stuff.
No! Dont buy dog shampoo!!!! because sometimes the shampoo can have stuff in it that makes your dogs skin and fur shiny but trust me i have tried it before and it makes my hair greacy and frissy and stackie!!!!!! DONT USE DOG SHAMPOO!!!
I wouldnt trust anything from the dollar store, made in China. Try regular Dawn dish soap or baby shampoo, both are safe to use.
That will work fine. Its like a baby shampoo. I delute all my shampoos.. Make sure that you rince the dog well.
Hartz in general isn't a good brand. You should get something with oatmeal and aloe to sooth the skin. But if you like what you have it's probably the same stuff but a smaller bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment