Thursday, December 24, 2009

I gave my dog a bath and now he is itching himself and sneezing like crazy, is it from the dog shampoo?

Should I get different shampoo? Also, is this why he has so much dandriff?I gave my dog a bath and now he is itching himself and sneezing like crazy, is it from the dog shampoo?
What did yo use. Human shampoo, flea tick shampoo is extremity harsh especially Harts or Sargent's/ Bath her again with a good DOG oatmeal Sampo or mellaluca oil shampooI gave my dog a bath and now he is itching himself and sneezing like crazy, is it from the dog shampoo?
You have to rinse several times, any soap residu on the skin will make the dog very very itchy.





The more you bathe a dog, the drier the coat gets because you're stripping oils out of it.
I would either find a website or a book about canine dermatology, rather than seeking such information from a casual chat site like YA.
maybe hes allergic to it when he gets over it and you have to bathe him again see if he does the same thing again and if so then ask your vet what shampoo you should use on yout dog
possibly. wash it off of it as soon as you can. try oatmeal shampoo, its good for the skin.
wash him off, don't put anything else on him, but rinse him again and make sure you get it all out.
Could be. Try oatmeal shampoo.
Probably from the shampoo. I use Seltzen Blue dandruff shampoo on my Cocker Spaniel, and it seems to have cures most of his itching. Plus, dogs like to smell like dogs, the shampoo makes him smell like a human, and by rubbing himself, he is trying to restore the dog smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment