Saturday, December 19, 2009

Is it safe to wash my dwarf rabbit with dog shampoo?

He is a little over 4 years old, and he needs to be cleaned. Help?Is it safe to wash my dwarf rabbit with dog shampoo?
Unless your bunny is in serious need a bath it is best not to bathe them. A rabbit can literally die from being scared. They are very clean animals and will usually keep themselves clean. If it is the hind end that is dirty you may want to consider the causes. Things such as arthritis or pain can cause the bunny to be unable to eat its cecotropes.








I suggest you read this article about bathing your rabbit:





http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/buttbath.h鈥?/a>Is it safe to wash my dwarf rabbit with dog shampoo?
I've owned hundreds of rabbits in my life and none of them have needed bathing. Their like cats, they clean themselves. And it's extremely stressful on them to bath them
Try to spot clean your rabbit instead of completly washing it. But if it is really dirty, dog shampoo should be fine. Dont fill the tub very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment