Monday, December 28, 2009

Is it safe to use lice or dog shampoo while pregnant?

my child has gotten lice from school and i am afraid of getting it as well.Is it safe to use lice or dog shampoo while pregnant?
yes it is safe to use. I had to go through the whole routine when I was pregnant with my first child. If you are still a little unsure you can always try mayo. You put mayo all over your hair, coating all the hair. Next you put plastic wrap around the hair. Leave the mayo on for about 1 hour then wash it twice. Go through your childs hair with a metal nit comb. You probably want to use a detangling spray to make it less painful. Pull every single nit out of the hair. This can take some time, but it's worth it. I would do this every 3 or 4 days for 2 weeks, plus spray all furniture with lice spray, put all stuffed animals, pillows, etc in plastic bags for 2 weeks and wash all bedding in hot water. Lice are horrible to get rid of and the over the counter stuff really doesn't work all that well anymore. Good LuckIs it safe to use lice or dog shampoo while pregnant?
yes it is safe
These are things as a pregnant mother you should avoid. If someone has lice let someone else take care of your children for you as far as getting rid of it. The dog shampoo as well I would avoid using because of the chemicals. Although I have had family that used Johnson's baby shampoo on their indoor dogs and it cleaned them up fine and it was ok for her to use while she was pregnant. Maybe you could try that. (NO it does not harm the dog!)
The dog shampoo I have do not use on puppies and pregnant and lactating dogs. So no to the dog shampoo. Although its applied to the dog it still gets on your hands and if you cant use it on them why get it on yourself.
http://www.netwellness.org/question.cfm/鈥?/a>





check this out!
I would talk to your care provider first but from what I understand it is fine so long as you're in a well ventilated area
NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely not!!! We had a family come in to the ER for lice infection when I was pregnant. They all had to be de-loused. When we called for the Nix the pharmacist told me not to go anywhere near the stuff. Let someone else do it.
  • guy myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment