Thursday, December 24, 2009

I have a dog that really stinks. Does anyone know of a really good dog shampoo that gets rid of the odor?

I had been using an vanilla oatmeal sented shampoo on him, but he still smelt horrible after a bath.I have a dog that really stinks. Does anyone know of a really good dog shampoo that gets rid of the odor?
I use my kids shampoo... Jayde doesn't mind it, but I think T-Bone is rather insulted that I make him smell like a girl!I have a dog that really stinks. Does anyone know of a really good dog shampoo that gets rid of the odor?
Sprinkle baking soada on the dry coat then brush it out. Works wonders! Report Abuse

Find a really good groomer and get the ';spa'; treatment. Then if your doggy looses his smell there find out what kind of shampoo they use %26amp; if they sell it!! I like to take my greyhounds to the goomers twice a year, it doesn't cost as much as you might think...I only pay about $25 each. (Which is about the price of a hair cut %26amp; wash for people!) Oh, and while he's getting all clean and sweet smelling wash all his bedding and stuff!!
My dog had the same problem but not only that he was shedding hair.i tried shampoos and that didnt really help.Later i tried switching dog food because a friend told me that it could be a lack of vitamins.To my my suprise it worked.Hope this some what helps
It could be his diet or that he needs his teeth cleaned, his ears checked for smell or infection, or even impacted anal glands, I presume you have checked his body over and he has no absesses or infections on his skin that smell...below is a web site that tells you how to deal with impacted anal glands, this is a very common problem and can make your dog stink no matter how clean he is....
Lambert Kay ';Fresh and Clean'; oatmeal and baking soda shampoo is a good one. Fresh Scent has one out with similar ingredients. There is also a shampoo called ';Nilodor'; for strong stink. Sometimes a dog gives off a bad odor because of something internal. If the shampoo isn't enough, check with your Vet.
It is probably not his coat that is smelling, then. Check his ears. If there is a lot of disharge he probably has an ear infection. If his ears look fine, check his mouth. If they have dental disease or a tooth that is dying/dead it will smell really foul.





If you've ruled out these possibilities and he still stinks, try switching him to a different food. This might help, particularly if he is currently eating a supermarket food like Dads or Kibbles 'n Bits.
Try bathing your pet in the Dawn dishwashing liquid.This will kill fleas and odorsand is used by wildlife rescue.Very safe for your pet.If an oder still persist,your pet still has bacteria on its coat.Suds up well,but rinse the pet good.You can also buy the pet cologne which helps.
We use Mircale Coat Skin Soothing Shampoo. You're right though, it doesn't make them smell very 'pretty' after their bath, so I use some Flex conditioner on them after the shampoo so they smell nice (at least until they go rubbing on the grass afterward).
we constatley wipe down my dog with these wipes. you get them at pets mart or your local pet store. they kindov look like baby wipes but are called ';dog wipes'; or sumthin like that. they really do work though!


hope i helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment