Saturday, December 19, 2009

What else can I use besides a dog shampoo to wash my puppy?

I havent gotten my grooming kit in the mail, and my dog definitely needs a wash, what can I doWhat else can I use besides a dog shampoo to wash my puppy?
People shampoo works too. I try to use baby shampoo on the head and ears so not to irritate their eyes.





Human shampoo does not hurt a dogs skin in any way. it you notice, your skin is ok. Dog shampoo is a marketing scam, look how much it cost. the only time you need special shampoo for your dog is if it has a skin condition.What else can I use besides a dog shampoo to wash my puppy?
If he is real dirty or particularly oily you can use a good dish detergent and wash that out well. If you want you can follow up with a human shampoo. Depending on his coat you may want to use a conditioner to help you get through the hair with your combs and brushes. If I knew what type of coat your dog had I could recommend some conditioners both human and canine.
If your puppy is less than 6 months, then continue to use puppy shampoo or baby shampoo. I use Fructis Garnier on my blue nose pit bull and his skin and coat look and feel great. he also smells really good. Try it on an adult. Not on a puppy.





V05 also works good on dogs.
you can use human shampoo on her now. just dont use it very much cuz it can get really bad for there skin and coat. 1 wash should be fine until your grooming kit comes in the mail
I use my daughters shampoo when we are out of doggie shampoo..He seems to love the smell too(its fruity) and it doesn't irritate his skin...by the way..its the hannah montana 2 in 1 shampoo that avon sells.
Johnson and Johnson Baby Shampoo worked very well for my dog. She had sensitive skin.
i wash with johnson and johnsons origional baby shampoo.. its tear free, and soo mild that it wont irritate there skin. plus it kills fleas.





good luck
Some groomers use Suave Apple scent. I think dog shampoo would be a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment