Saturday, December 19, 2009

How do you make dog shampoo w/ just water and other household items?

I want to make a shampoo for my collie/shepherd mix with just every day household items so I don't have to pay an arm %26amp; a leg for itHow do you make dog shampoo w/ just water and other household items?
There isn't anyway to make quality pet shampoo from household items. Pet shampoo isn't expensive %26amp; helps if you buy shampoo that must be diluted so you can adjust the strength %26amp; it goes farther. Here is a good link for good %26amp; great smelling shampoo that is on sale - $1.49 a bottle which should be diluted except for flea or buy gallon size %26amp; save more.





http://www.dog.com/Search.aspx?query=evo鈥?/a>How do you make dog shampoo w/ just water and other household items?
No one who won't pay ';an arm and a leg'; for basic essentials doesn't deserve a dog.





You want to make a cocktail of potentially lethal household items and wash your dog with it when you could buy a safe shampoo made especially for dogs at a pet shop?





They're not even that expensive!





I bet food is too expensive too. What do you do, let her lick your plate?
You can safely wash your dog with Dawn dish detergent.


Don't mix anything else, as you risk causing a chemical reaction that can be toxic to both you and your dog. Dawn is cheap enough. Just don't EVER get it in his eyes.
Dog shampoo is not that expensive, it's better for the skin/coat of a dog.Dogs don't sweat and human shampoo is to clean people's sweaty heads, soap it will dry out a dog faster.
Being a breeder of Std. Poodles I can tell you what I've always told my clients. There isn't an animal product out there I would be afraid to use on myself. But I wouldn't consider using a human product on them.





Good Luck to you
I heard and recently used that Head and Shoulders plain... is ph balanced. and it was fine on my dog.


good luck. assuming you use that shampoo.
Any baby shampoo is perfect, and they smell like little angels after lol.
Just use regular people shampoo. There really isn't much difference as long as it is pH balanced (neutral).
a decent dog shampoo is under $10.00 just get some at the petstore

No comments:

Post a Comment