Saturday, December 19, 2009

Can I wash my guinea pigs with human or dog shampoo?

I already asked the question if you are supposed to wash your guinea pigs.


Im getting mine in a few weeks and im just getting prepared, so please awnser some of my other quesions when i have some.





My quesion is can you wash your guinea pigs with human or dog shampoo, or does it have to be special guinea pig shampoo?


(ALSO, do you use soap?)








thanks,


MaggieCan I wash my guinea pigs with human or dog shampoo?
You should use shampoo that is labeled for use with ';small animals';. It doesn't cost any more than human shampoo. Cat, dog, puppy, kitten, and human baby shampoo are too drying for their delicate skin.





You can also use EpiSoothe (available from the vet and in some large pet stores) or order shampoos especially made for piggies from a company in the UK called Gorgeous Guineas. I have used these products and found them to be superb.


http://www.gorgeousguineas.com/





Piggies don't need to be washed unless really dirty, but I have Gorgeous Guineas shampoos on hand for those times when bum baths are required. :P





Good luck with your new piggies!Can I wash my guinea pigs with human or dog shampoo?
I think it's great how your getting a piggie! There SUCH a great experience to live with! Well, first of your NEVER use human shampoo on your piggie. Though, you can use gentle coat puppy shampoo or guinea pig shampoo. If your on a tight budget I recomend you buy the gentle coat puppy shampoo. Second, NEVER use soup on your piggie, it could lead to a rach or get in their eyes!





*~Hope this helps!~*





P.S.


Good luck with your piggie!


(Sorry I said piggie so much!)
Dont use dog shampoo, normal human shampoo or soap. The thing I use is baby shampoo as that is safe for them or you could get special guinea pig shampoo but its probably more expensive. You wont need to wash your piggie for a while after you get it until it gets used to you tho.
dont litsen to morgan or yoursexi stalker, they are wrong. u should use guinea pig shampoo. u can try using tear free baby shampoo, but i wouldnt. u may be able to find some at petco or ur local pet store. realy anywhere you can buy guinea pigs.
hmm dog shampoo? the best shampoo i think is the shampoo they use on small animals, like rabbit shampoo is fine, I think it's located by all the rest of small animal supplies, not hard to find!
if u are gonna use human make sure its baby and dotn use a lot. rinse very well. do not use dog shampoo. i personally dont use any. plain lukewarm water works on my boys.
I'd use baby shampoo, like a tear-free kind, that way it won't burn a lot if it gets in its eyes. I wouldn't use dog shampoo cause it might poison them.
use a pea sized amount of baby shampoo, trust me. it make them smell and look amazin. :):)
don't wash them give them a box with chinchilla dust
i use human baby shampoo (use the tear free kind)

No comments:

Post a Comment