Thursday, December 24, 2009

Does anyone know of a good quality dog shampoo for long hair dogs?

Havanese dog with blonde hair in need of detangler or something to help take care of her hair.Does anyone know of a good quality dog shampoo for long hair dogs?
Neither shampoo nor conditioner is going to help you. Your dog needs regular grooming, line brushing with a good quality pin brush and a slicker to tease out matts. Why not get some grooming lessons from your dog's breeder so you can keep her looking gorgeous?Does anyone know of a good quality dog shampoo for long hair dogs?
I'm using Johnson's Baby Detangler on my newfie that you can leave in. Other good products come from Isle of Dog or Plush Puppy out of Australia, another good one is Chris Christensen's Ice on Ice which is a leave-in detangler too. You're best bet though is to brush EVERY DAY. Report Abuse

I have two dogs who were adopted from the shelter and they both had skin and coat issues. I tried a bunch of different expensive shampoos and conditioners that you buy special at the pet stores and none of them impressed me. This is funny, but the best dog shampoo that I have found came from WalMart. I had my groomer try it and she changed to it too!!! It comes in a clear bottle with a blue top and it has a picture of a collie on it. I can't remember the name of it and I just ran out the other day. Now, for conditionin rinses, the best one does come from the pet stores. It's in a pink bottle and it really helps with the tangles. It's a pink bottle and the cream itself is pink too. I hope this helps!
I have tried most of the inexpensive and expensive shampoos and conditioners from the vets and not...I have taken care of dogs for about 25 years, what I have found works best of all... but ONLY use 1/2 to 3/4 capfuls for the whole dog... and make sure you rinse, rinse, rinse well...is TIDE laundry soap or Woolite.... then I rinse and rinse, and use Downy or your own hair conditioner on the dog and rinse that out well. Use a hand held shower head to rinse the dog all over extremely well. Give a bath in this only once a month... you can use downy or hair conditioner in between and rinse...to freshen her up, but only use Tide once a month to wash. This is the best I have found and they smell good too.... make sure you rinse it well.. use the downy all over as much as you want, and watch the eyes and mouth.
i use a brand called buddy wash, specialty petstore carry it. i use it on my shih tzu. just remember the shampoo should have a less than 7PH to e good for a dog, any dog. johnsons baby shampoo has a 7 for some reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment