Monday, December 28, 2009

What can I use for dog shampoo?

We just got a new dog who smells like smoke. We can't get to the store until tomorrow, but I don't like breathing in the smoke smell. Is there anything else I can use, like baby shampoo, for right now?What can I use for dog shampoo?
i don't see anything wrong with using baby shampoo for now or if you are worried about allergies, you can just wash him first with water. Check shampoo first for one to suit your needs :)What can I use for dog shampoo?
In an emergency situation, yes, but dilute it half and half with water.
Dish washing liquid can be used too. Our vet recommend it for us to help with fleas once and it did help. Its very mild and smells good too.
Baby shampoo will work great! We use Johnson %26amp; Johnson's in a pinch as well.





Bathe that pup!





Good job getting it out of an unhealthy, smoke-filled environment, as well.
Johnson baby shampoo works good
no regular shampoo is going to work. use any shampoo, mix a small amount of bleach and a small amount of peroxide with it and wash with that. don't get it in the eyes of course. if you're using small amounts of that stuff, it won't hurt them.
Baby shampoo is fine, on a ONE TIME only basis.
I've always found oatmeal shampoo to work the best unless you need a medicated shampoo for fleas/ticks
Baby shampoo is an acceptable alternative. Don't use regular adult shampoo, though...and don't use dish soap (which would be the worst possible thing to use because it's designed to strip oils from whatever it's used on and would dry out your dogs skin)
I'm a groomer and I use people shampoo on dogs all the time. Dilute it 1/2 shampoo to 1/2 water. Baby shampoo and dish soaps are not high on my list of what I like to use.
you can buy puppy shampoo at the pet shop there different one i bought mine wich washes him, gives him nice smell and also get rid off fleas and ticks n stuff lol.
Baby shampoo would be OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment