Saturday, December 19, 2009

Can you recommend a good dog shampoo aimed at improving a dog's skin condition?

I am allergic to my dog's dander.Can you recommend a good dog shampoo aimed at improving a dog's skin condition?
How were you diagnosed with this? Did your allergist do a skin test on you (injecting dander antigen and watching for a reaction?) or is this a presumptive diagnosis?


If indeed you are allergic to his dander, your immune system is reacting to the protein in his skin cells and all you can do is minimize the exposure by frequently bathing him with an emollient, moisturizing shampoo and conditioner (HyLyt is one of many brands). Frequent vacuuming of the house, furniture, and even the dog is also helpful. If the dog is suffering from a dermatologic condition that is causing excessive dander (seborrhea) then that condition needs to be specifically diagnosed and treated.


Malaseb shampoo is indicated for fungal dermatitis of dogs due to Malassezia infection and was not designed to prevent human allergies.Can you recommend a good dog shampoo aimed at improving a dog's skin condition?
I hear you on allergies, I'm allergic to cats and dogs and have 4 cats and 2 dogs...lol...if you're like me your allergies wax and wane so when I'm having a ';wax on'; moment I use hypoallergenic babywipes on my dogs to keep the allergen count down. I just gently wipe them down with them and it doesn't dry out their skin like frequent bathing can and it really helps me! Also, talk to your doctor, he/she might be able to refer you to a great antihistimine that can help you during times when you are more succeptible.
I use a banana oatmeal shampoo.





http://grooming.petedge.com/Tropiclean-O鈥?/a>








http://grooming.petedge.com/Coat-Handler鈥?/a>





http://grooming.petedge.com/Espree-Hypo-鈥?/a>





http://grooming.petedge.com/Espree-Oatme鈥?/a>
I used a dog shampoo from an International Wellness Company.





Sorry, if you need further information you will have to email me at easyhomebiz@windstream.net








Lynda
malaseb shampoo
Malesab Get it from your vet or online. It is kind of expensive but a little goes a long way and it lasts a long time
  • myspace.com profile
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment