Saturday, December 19, 2009

What dog shampoo should I use for my dog?

My dog smells really bad, and only one shampoo helps, but it's ten dollars! I need a really good shampoo to help make her smell better, and I also need to know if there is a gentle enough human conditioner for her.What dog shampoo should I use for my dog?
As long as it's a shampoo for dogs that is specially formulated for the ph of their skin, it doesn't really matter. Look for one that has a cream rinse in the shampoo as well. It helps keep the fur shiny and moisturized.What dog shampoo should I use for my dog?
I prefer Dawn dish liquid, as it cleans AND kills any possible fleas.
use shampoo for human babies.





its really gentle.
Human conditioner is fine to use on her. And I would then have to ask why she smells really bad? Did she get into anything? If not, it could be that you are bathing her too often. Dogs don't really need to get bathed. The natural oils in their fur helps keep them clean. If bathe too often you will strip them of their natural oils. And it can also cause that ';dog smell'; to be more potent. After this bath, try brushing her more frequently. Brushing her will help distribute the oils and it will keep her fur clean. My shep mix used to get that dog smell worse after I would bathe him. I then found out that brushing got all the odor out. My eskies get bathed maybe twice a year, unless they get into something that causes them to become very dirty. Brushing 3 or 4 times a week keeps their fur clean.


As far as shampoo, baby shampoo works really good and it is gentle. And it also kills fleas just as well as any other shampoo.


___________


Note: If you choose to use Dawn dish soap......BE VERY CAREFUL. Although it does clean well and will kill fleas it is VERY harsh and will strip the natural oils worse than any other shampoo.
Well if you HAVE to bath her for whatever reasons, do it infrequently and try ';Murphy's Oil Soap';........its cheap, vegetable oil based, biodegradable and non-toxic. It also has no deodorizers that will break down and smell even worse, it simply has a clean smell once used on a dog. It's recommended by the CKC. BTW.......Dawn may well be good for birds caught in oil slicks but birds don't lick themselves and your dog wasn't likely caught in an oil slick...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment