Saturday, December 19, 2009

What is the best dog shampoo for white coats?

I have an American Eskimo and he used to be pure white. Lately he is white with little tan streaks. I use a whitner shampoo on him, but it doesn't seem to get him as white as he used to be. What is the best whitener shampoo available?What is the best dog shampoo for white coats?
You could try using some bicarbonate of soda, comes in powder form and mix it with a little water into a paste. Let it sit on a small patch for 5 minutes and rinse of thoroughly as it has a grainy texture. My mother uses it for tear staining on her Maltese and swears by it. I don't no how affective it really is but it is harmless, cheap and a lot of people use it as a natural cleaning produceWhat is the best dog shampoo for white coats?
Hartz makes a special brand of shampoo for white dogs.





And some white dogs do develop tan streaks as they mature. It happened for the poodle/westie mix I had too. As a puppy he was pure white, but as he grew he started to look like someone dripped chocolate ice cream on him.
Actually I've found that Ivory dishwashing liquid is best for white coats. It's gentle on their skin, and really whitens the coat.


An old groomer told me this many, many years ago, and I'm glad because it really works!
Tan spots are normal for eskimos, but the best whitening shampoo i have found is Crystal White by EZ-Groom, its expensive but worth it, you have to heat it up to activate it, leave it on for ten minutes and then condition.
A mild oatmeal shampoo for dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment